Viloma pranayama can be practiced sitting or lying down and is a great technique for those new to yoga breathing techniques.
The meaning of the word
‘Vi’ means against, Loma means hair; Viloma means against the natural flow. Viloma is an interrupted breathing technique where you pause briefly during your breath. This pranayama gently introduces the concept of expanding the length of the breath and lung capacity.
There are three variations of this pranayama.
- Interrupted inhalation
- Interrupted exhalation
- Interrupted inhalation & exhalation
Benefits of Viloma Pranayama
- Improves control of your breath and movement of air within your body
- Helps you cool down after an active yoga class
- Helps to relieve anxiety
- Helps to relieve tension from PMS
Some tips when practicing Viloma Pranayama
- When giving this pranayama a go, try to really be aware of the movement of breath in your body.
- It can be nice to target a different ‘area’ of your lungs after each pause or interruption. Really try to control the movement of air in your body.
- Keep your breathing relaxed and soft. Try to avoid ‘grasping’ for breath focusing on keeping the quality of the breath gentle.
Practice in class with Sandra Carson
Viloma pranayama means ‘against the wave’ and involves interrupted breathing. This breathing exercise can be practiced as a way to focus your attention and still your mind. In this tutorial, you will learn and experience how to fine tune the subtle energy of the breath and play with your breath capacity. It is a wonderful way to prepare your mind for meditation.
EkhartYoga members: Want to practice more Pranayama?
- Cool Down with Sitali Pranayama
- Equalize your breath with The Samavritti Ratio
- Follow our 10 days of Pranayama program
Questo farmaco è adatto solo per gli uomini, quindi donne, bambini o ragazzi sotto i 18 anni devono astenersi dall’utilizzare il farmaco. Gli uomini italiani possono controllare tadacip 20 mg prezzo su Farmacia – Maschi con consegna conveniente