These hazelnut pancakes are simple to make and are perfect for a weekend breakfast. The ingredients below are the flavours I like to use but you can always vary the vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger depending on your taste and what you have available.
Makes 12-15 small pancakes.
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup linseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (scraped from a pod)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 – 3 cups hazelnut milk
- Stir, blend or mix all ingredients into a smooth batter. Start with the lowest amount of hazelnut milk and add more gradually if needed.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan. Scoop about ¼ cup of the batter in the pan. If there’s room in your pan for an extra pancake, scoop it in. (I made a few batches of four small pancakes in my pan).
- Brown the pancakes on both sides.
- Serve with some nut butter, crushed hazelnuts and cinnamon.