I love to create healthy desserts, and this one is a winner! It’s easy, amazingly tasty and super healthy. To make it extra tasty, serve with some chopped almonds and a little cinnamon.
Raw Apple Pie
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- ¼ – ½ tsp salt
- 3 apples, cores removed
- 1 cup dates
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
For the Base
1. Blend all the ingredients until a sticky dough forms.
2. Add the least amount of salt and add more if you wish.
3. If your dough is not sticky enough to form a strong base, add more dates.
4. Transfer your dough to a cake pan and press firmly into the pan
For the Filling
1. Blend all the ingredients until a chunky apple mixture appears (you may want to have a smooth filling, in that case, blend longer).
2. Spoon on top of the almond base and place the whole pie in the fridge for min 15 mins
Suggestions instead of nuts…
– use seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds…)
– use raw regular oats, blended into a fine flour
– use raw buckwheat groats, blended into a fine flour
– skip the base and eat the filling with a spoon. 😉