Release and lengthen the hamstrings mindfully with this mix of Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Therapeutic, Somatics and Yamuna yoga classes ranging from 15 minutes to an hour.
1. Forward bend variations – José de Groot / 15 mins
A short Yin session offering various poses and variations to work on very tight hamstrings and tension in the lower back.
2. Yamuna hamstrings – Nichi Green / 15 mins
Using the Yamuna balls, work from the middle to the outer and inner hamstring for a deep hamstring release.
3. Supta Padangusthasana revisited – Lisa Petersen / 23 mins
Re-examine how we practise everyone’s favourite lying down leg stretch series. Includes tips, tricks and modifications for sacral and low back issues.
4. Releasing spine – Aki Omori / 25 mins
If you always struggled with “short hamstrings”, then you may discover a new insight in how you can improve your flexibility.
5. Back body strength and stretch – MacKenzie Miller / 30 mins
Give the back side of your body (the posterior chain) lots of love. Gain a new awareness and appreciation of the muscles that keep you upright.
6. S-T-R-E-T-C-H – David Lurey / 35 mins
Longer holds and active stretches of major muscle groups in the body to release the lower back and hamstrings.
7. Yin for hams, hips and Achilles tendons – Andrew Wrenn / 35 mins
Open the hips, lengthen the hamstrings and abductors and soothe the nervous system in this yummy Yin class.
8. Mini Vinyasa hamstring flow – Marlene Henny / 42 mins
Move mindfully and fluidly through poses that stretch the back of the body, so that other postures can become more accessible.
9. Blissful hamstrings – Esther Ekhart / 45 mins
A slow floor-based build-up leads to a dynamic standing flow and back to the floor in this Slow Vinyasa flow.
10 . Healthy lower back and flexible hamstrings – José de Groot / 1hr
Release tension in the lower back, open up the hips and stretch the hamstring muscles. Great for those who sit for long periods of the day.
Download these to your offline app
We’ve made this list of classes for EkhartYoga members who use our offline viewing app. So if you’re going away or want to do yoga in your garden (garden and weather-depending!) you’ll have these videos easily to hand.