Privacy Statement and Cookies
Your privacy is important to us and we want you to know how we process and store your personal data which we collect when you use our site or communicate with us.
At EkhartYoga we respect your right to privacy and we comply with our obligations under the Dutch and European data protection acts. The purpose of this website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
2. Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include, but not limited to, your name, company name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Non-Personal Data Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
3. Purposes for which we hold your information and legal grounds
The processing of the personal data you submitted is necessary for us to provide you with the best and safest possible online yoga experience:
- Personal Data. We use the personal data you have provided to create an account for you so you can practise yoga online with us. We also use your email address in order to contact you. We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes: (i) to provide you with the information or services you have requested; (ii) to contact you if required in connection with your request or to respond to any communications you might send to us; (iii) to notify you about changes in our services; (iv) to send you the EkhartYoga newsletter, service notifications and programme emails if you have voluntarily signed up for them.
- Non-personal data. This is gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- The legal ground for processing your data is performance of a contract (buying online services); legal obligation (tax and bookkeeping) and/or explicit consent (for sending you newsletters etc)
- Functional - These cookies include your preferences and are essential for the website to function fully and are therefore always enabled.
- Performance - These cookies help us to improve the site’s performance, to give you a faster experience on the website and better content recommendations. Our system can see which classes you take and like so we can offer you suggestions for other classes to take and teachers to follow.
- Social & advertising - Social media cookies allow you to share content from EkhartYoga with others. Advertising cookies help us to better tailor advertising to your interests on sites like Google, and to spread the love of yoga to more people.
You can change your cookies settings at any time. You'll find a link at the bottom of the website footer and you'll be asked to accept cookies when you visit the website. Please note that if you decline our cookies some of the features and services of the EkhartYoga website may not function properly. You can also delete cookie files from your device at your discretion.
5. Term of data storage
We store your data in our database for 13 months after you end your subscription with us. We save it for this period so we can provide for you to keep your preferences and favourites in case you want to restart your membership.
Personal data needed to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (for tax- and bookkeeping purposes) are stored for 7 years.
6. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties.
We as EkhartYoga work with some expert companies who handle financial data, for example.
We share personal data with these third parties to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We may share your personal data with other third parties who provide services to us. Except as set out in the Privacy Statement, we will not disclose your personal data to any other third parties.
We may provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties of the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
7. Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your personal data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of EkhartYoga provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of this Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your personal data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
Your personal data is held by EkhartYoga in accordance with industry best practices. We do not store your credit card information, number, expiry date or CVV security code on our servers. To ensure optimal security, we use a third party (Ogone Payment Services) for all credit card billing. Ogone uses a PCI-DSS compliant SSL platform, secured by encryption and authentication. We take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data.
9. Users under 16
EkhartYoga.com content is not directed at users under 16 years of age. When you provide information about yourself as a user, you are thus representing yourself as 16 years of age or older. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information about visitors under 16 years of age. However if we do become aware of having collected personally identifiable information from a user under 16 without consent of a parent or legal guardian, we will remove such information from our servers.
10. Access, updating, verifying and deleting/erasure, object to processing, restrict and transfer Personal Data
You have a right to access your personal data, ask for a copy of your data, to rectify it or to delete your records completely. You may also object to processing and restrict the processing, as well as a request for data portability. Please contact us. and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.
11. Changes to the Privacy Statement
Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Statement or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of the Netherlands and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dutch courts.
13. Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments or are unhappy about how we handle your data, please email us and we will get in touch as soon as possible. If you feel our answer is not sufficient you can contact the Dutch authority for Data & privacy processing.
Date: 5th July 2018