This course is a unique opportunity to develop key skills that will enable you to work with Ashtanga Yoga students in an inspiring, skilful and authentic way.
A course for teachers, teacher trainees + dedicated yoga students. Become a confident, hands-on teacher by learning the fundamental principles behind safe, confident and beneficial adjustments. Learn to hold and maintain a safe space for transformational practice to thrive and flourish.
The course will cover:
- the alignment principles behind safe and effective adjustments
- how to give hands-on adjustments
- how to modify practice for common injuries and contra-indications
- how to establish a safe “ holding space” that facilitates and supports a transformational practice
- how to integrate the practices of pratyahara to quiet the senses during dynamic practice
- how to guide students toward deep stillness and peace
Joey’s intention for the course is to impart skills that will help you to become a better teacher, allowing you to more effectively share the gift of Ashtanga Yoga with others.
Practitioners must have a regular, competent practice of the primary series, (this does not mean you need to be able to do every pose perfectly).
For more info please visit: ashtangayogaleeds.com