Ready to Embody Your Yoga? This Training is for You!
Yoga is an embodied practice. Embodiment is a big word for a simple concept. In practice it means that we bring our attention back into our bodies in order to fully experience our selves.
In the words of Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, embodiment is ‘the act of awakening and enlivening the consciousness of our whole being’.
In this philosophy, development is not a linear process but a series of waves, each one planting the seed for the next to take root and flourish. We offer you an extensive, accessible and embodied tool-kit for transformation that will sustain you for a life-time of learning.
We welcome qualified teachers from all traditions for one or more modules. We also consider experienced, committed and dedicated students who are not yet teachers.
We offer you three ways of studying with us:
• The LYATT 500 - The full programme - 13 modules over 18 months.
• The LYATT 350 - The core programme - 9 modules over 13 months.
This training is repeated approximately every two years so you can start at any point and then continue on with any remaining modules in the next round of training in order to gain your 500 or 350 hours.
• Individual module study and immersion - each module below can be taken separately as a stand-alone course.
Please visit Lisa's website for full details of all the modules and for any enquiries.
- 7 The Muscular and Connective Tissue Body 1 - Saturday 26th-Tuesday October 29th 2019
- 8 The Muscular and Connective Tissue Body 2 - Wed 30th October (half day)- Sunday 3rd November 2019 (half day)
- 9 Integration 1 (cannot be booked as an individual module until modules 1-8 are completed) Saturday 15th-Thursday 20th February 2020
- 10 The Nervous System - Saturday 4th – Tuesday 7th April 2020
- 11 The Vocal Body - Friday July 3rd – Monday July 6th 2020
- 12 The Fluid Body 2 - Friday July 24th – Monday July 27th 2020
- 13 Integration 2 (cannot be booked as an individual module until modules 1-12 are completed) Saturday August 15th – Sun August 16th 2020
Modules are 2, 4 or 8-day blocks with 6 hour teaching days.
This training traces the evolution of human movement and directly maps it onto the practice of Yoga. It is artful, scientific, poetic, authentic, embodied, and practical in nature. We aspire to making it the safe place where you feel supported to dive deep and explore yourself in new ways. We like to have fun along the way. We enquire, we move, we play instead of work and we do a LOT of Yoga. Along the way, we befriend ourselves and others in new ways as we learn, grow and change together.
A common thread through all of the modules is the study of patterns. It is through patterns that learning becomes simpler and less complicated, as a single change can ripple through the body-mind-spirit. Working with patterns shows us what we are truly capable of when we get out of our own way, and how ease, grace, poise, strength and balance can be naturally restored with minimum effort.
From a nuts and bolts perspective, the course is built on the study of asana, vinyasa, pranayama, meditation and restorative yoga. Your learning is supported by somatic movement education, experiential anatomy and physiology, subtle-body anatomy, developmental movement patterns, functional movement, neuroscience, voice-work, lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers, and teaching methodology. We map this knowledge directly and practically onto the practice of yoga and teach you how to move, practice and teach from this storehouse of wisdom.
Please visit Lisa's website for full details of the training. You can register your interest using the contact box below.