Movement and creativity – 6 day retreat dates in 2021 to be confirmed. Please visit Julie’s website for the latest updates.
No experience required – Everyone is welcome!
We are all born creative! It comes naturally, as children, that we pick up crayons, paint and paper. We dance, play, express ourselves and explore. In the beginning we didn’t need to be taught we just knew what to do. But many of us walk away from our inner artists as adults or even as older children when we start comparing ourselves to others and we form ideas about ourselves, talents and creativity. Many of us think it is not our domain to paint, play with art materials, dance, write or just express ourselves because we are not “talented”.
People have used art, music and dance for healing and empowerment from the time of the hunter gatherer. For ceremony, for marking history and establishing culture. It is in our nature. Our creativity is a powerful tool for healing, stress reduction, self-empowerment and more.
In this retreat, no previous experience is required. This week is not about learning to dance, draw or make fine art. Rather this is an opportunity to play and explore your being. To unravel the stories we’ve held inside for fear of being judged. To awaken the energy that longs to be heard, seen, felt and expressed.
We will create, discover and connect to ourselves and for ourselves. The joy of the process is the focus, not the outcome.
- Daily morning somatic meditations & pranayama
- Daily morning embodied yoga sessions
- Daily creative afternoon session with Sacred Dance, painting, drawing, colouring, writing and sharing
- Delicious Vegetarian meals
- Free time on Wednesday afternoon to explore local markets etc
- Yoga Nidra on a few evenings
- Daily housekeeping
- Therapy and Treatments available on request (not included in price)