This 5-class series on Pilates for back pain is designed for anyone who suffers from back pain. If you’re lucky enough never to have experienced it, this course also works as an effective preventative measure!
The classes are broken down into different themes. You’ll learn how to:
- find a neutral spine to in order to create a strong support structure
- use your breath as a stabilising force
- develop a strong and stable core, and improve your stamina
- activate and engage your glutes and hamstrings to aid postural support
- incorporate safe, constructive mobilisations so you feel confident to move with freedom and without pain.
Who is it for:
Though specifically targeted for sufferers of back pain, everyone can benefit from this program. The movements in Pilates may seem subtle, but don’t be fooled: this is powerful work and we’ll work hard, improving our core strength, stability and all round joint awareness along the way. You don’t need any previous experience of Pilates to take part as different options will be given.
It’s available to all EkhartYoga members. If you’re not a member yet, register to start your free 14-day trial to join the program.
What you’ll need:
A small pillow or folded blanket, a yoga block, resistance band (or yoga strap / belt) and a tennis or massage ball.
About your teacher:
Alongside teaching Pilates, Ruth is a sports massage therapist, working with people who have pain and injuries on a daily basis. Ruth also suffers from an inflammatory form of arthritis and scoliosis, so is very aware of how chronic pain can affect our daily lives. Ruth is a knowledgeable, skilful teacher with a warm, clear and playful approach.