This beginners' series teaches you the foundations of Vinyasa Yoga: a dynamic flowing yoga style with an emphasis on linking movement with the breath.
What to expect?
The program includes 6 classes. Each class gradually builds on the previous so you’ll get to repeat what you have covered in the previous classes while learning new poses and concepts in each session. The final class is a full length, level 1, Vinyasa Flow class that brings together all that you've learned.
- Class 1 - Introduces some of the basic poses in Vinyasa yoga, their alignment, how to adapt them to your body, and things to be mindful of to prevent injuries.
- Class 2 - Covers how to do a Sun Salutation and also Ujjayi breathing technique which you’ll find used in many Vinyasa yoga classes.
- Class 3 - Adds in twists and standing poses like Warrior 2 and Tree pose
- Class 4 - Repeats what you’ve learned so far and introduces more standing poses like Chair pose, Warrior 1 and Warrior 3
- Class 5 - Takes it to the floor with seated and lying down poses you’ll often practice at the end of class.
- Class 6 - Brings everything together in a full Vinyasa Flow class
You are free to follow the program at your own pace however we suggest taking at least two weeks to follow the program the first time - 3 classes a week. You may then wish to go back and repeat each class a couple of times to get more familiar with the different poses and techniques before moving on to other classes on EkhartYoga.
If you have any questions about the poses or techniques you can leave comments under the classes and Rose will reply.
Who is it for?
This program is a great place to start if you’re a complete beginner or returning to yoga after a break. It’s available to all EkhartYoga members. If you’re not a member yet you can start your free 14-day trial to join the program.