Release and strengthen your back with yoga
According to the World Health Organisation, 60 to 70% of adults in industrialised countries will suffer from lower back pain during their lifetime. It is one of the major causes of disability and lost days at work.
This program covers the most common issues around back pain and will help you release tension, improve mobility and strengthen your back.
There are 6 classes in the program, each focusing on one particular area or aspect.
- Release and tone the psoas muscle which is often tight due to our sedentary lifestyle and associated with lower back pain.
- Safely develop a strong and stable core. This will help support your back and stabilise your pelvis.
- Open the pectorals and strengthen the shoulder area. You will feel more relaxed, breathe more fully and improve your posture.
- Release and relax the muscles of the neck. This will help for upper body tension and tension headaches etc.
- Learn a sequence to strengthen the whole of the back and keep it healthy
- The last class in this program is a relaxation sequence for you to practise after every class.
If you may have particular problems in one area, for instance, the thoracic area or the neck, you may want to repeat the corresponding video more often.
Once your back feels better, we suggest you keep practising these videos regularly to keep a strong healthy back!
Who is it for?
This class is available to all EkhartYoga members. It is beneficial for general back health but is not a substitute for medical attention. Please take responsibility for your own body. If you have a serious back injury or condition please consult with a qualified health practitioner.