Step by step
- Sit on your heels and bring your head down to the floor, on stacked fists or a block.
- Arms can be either stretched out to the front, by your side or hands underneath your forehead.
- Hold the pose for 3 to 5 minutes.
- To come out, roll up vertebra by vertebra, head comes up last.
- Sit on your heels for a few moments.
- If ankles are tight, place a rolled up blanket underneath to diminish the stretch.
- If hips do not reach the heels, place a cushion or bolster on your heels for support.
Watch out for
- Avoid if pregnant.
- In case of back issues, spread your knees wider to keep the spine straight.
- In case of knee issues, place a rolled up blanket behind your knee joint, in between your thighs and calves.
- Spread your knees if you feel compression in the groin, and place a bolster lengthwise under your chest.
- If your hips rest on your your heels, place a wheat-filled meditation cushion or sandbag on your sacrum for a grounding sensation.