For a quick post-yoga snack try these really easy raw almond and apricot bites.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Place the almonds, raisins and cinnamon into a food processor. Mix for a couple of minutes until you get a thick paste. Smooth or crunchy – your choice.
2. Add the chopped apricots to the mixture and pulse the mixture for 30 seconds. Add the coconut and pulse again for 10 seconds.
3. Take out the mix in spoonfuls and roll into small balls between your palms.
4. Scatter more coconut onto a tray and roll the balls on them until they are coated – you could also use sesame seeds for this.
Thanks to Karolina, Justyna and Joanna in Luxembourg for this recipe. They hosted a workshop taught by Esther Ekhart and sold these in aid of LuxCordis – a charity supporting children in Poland who have heart defects, are sick or underprivileged.