José de Groot will guide you through yoga classes for different stages of your pregnancy including prenatal classes to enhance your fertility, pregnancy meditation, and Yin and Yang yoga for each trimester.
Your yoga practice is a great way to create some time for yourself and to connect with the little wonder that is growing in your belly.
These classes will help to
- release tension in the shoulders, back, hips and legs
- strengthen the legs, pelvic and back muscles, to support the weight of your growing belly and also for labour
- enhance blood circulation and send more oxygen throughout your body and to your baby
- support your connection with your baby and with your own body
- relax your mind and ease stress.
Please read these general guidelines about practicing yoga when you're pregnant and follow the classes designed for your stage of pregnancy.
Every woman is different and every pregnancy is different - therefore, these are intended as general guidance.
If you are in any doubt or if anything feels uncomfortable, please take a rest or substitute with a pose that feels comfortable for you.
Be mindful that your body, especially your hips and pelvis, will be more flexible than usual during your pregnancy due to the hormone relaxin. So go gently and focus on what feels good rather than going for your end range of motion.
If you have questions for José, please post them in the comments below the classes.