Step by step
- Pad your knees with a folded blanket.
- Sit on your heels with feet together, then bring your weight forward and tuck your toes under (little toes too!).
- Bring your weight back on the balls of the feet.
- Hold for 1 to 3 minutes.
- To come out of the pose, bring your weight forward and slowly release your toes.
- Sit back on your heels, toes untucked, and allow a few moments for the sensations to fade away.
- If the pose is too challenging, bring more weight towards the knees to lessen the pressure in the toes.
- Increases toe mobility and strengthens the ankles.
- Stimulates the Spleen, Gallbladder, Liver, Stomach and Urinary bladder meridians.
Watch out for
- If toes or ankles are sensitive, start slowly, by placing most of your weight forwards and do not hold for longer than 1 minute.
- If you feel too much pressure on the knees, place a folded blanket behind the knee joint, between your thighs and calves.
- You can incorporate upper body stretches into this pose, such as Eagle arms.