This program includes classes especially created for women going through the menopause and perimenopause. It also includes self-care classes and practices for connecting with your feminine energy as your body goes through this transition period.
The Yoga for Menopause program includes:
- Yoga to balance and support you through hormonal fluctuations
- Practices for symptoms like hot flashes, mood swings, anxiety and sleep problems
- Ayurvedic techniques to cool fiery Pitta dosha which is often out of balance during menopause
- Therapeutic classes to support the endocrine system which is responsible for producing and secreting hormones.
- Relaxing Yin yoga, mudras, breathing techniques and meditation
As each women’s experience of the menopause is different you might find some of these classes are more beneficial for you than others. We suggest you try out different classes and repeat those that work best for you whenever you like.
Supplement this program with relaxing Yin yoga and Yoga Nidra balanced with strength-building classes such as yoga with weights to build muscle and support your bone health.
Read Lou’s article for more about menopause symptoms and yoga and self-care practices.